Introduction | Benefits | Dues | Membership
NYSNA membership provides a comphrehensive selection of professional
benefits and resources, including:
- Annual Business Meeting: Part of NYSNA’s annual Convention,
members debate issues of concern to nursing and health care, and vote
on NYSNA matters.
- Clinical/Functional Practice Units: Actively influence
professional issues and CE programs.
- Communications: NYSNA’s contact
with statewide media. Communications promotes nursing, healthcare
and association activities through press releases, media interviews,
public service announcements, speaking engagements, public relations
publications and projects and the Association's Web site.
- Economic and General Welfare: NYSNA representation is unique
members are protected by contracts which recognize both economic and
professional needs. NYSNA is the largest, and oldest labor organization
for registered nurses in the country, and has successfully negotiated
the finest wage and comprehensive benefit packages for RNs in New
York state and the country.
- Legislative Influence: NYSNA sponsors, and lobbies for, legislation
to advance nursing and protect the public. NYSNA maintains contact
with federal, state and local legislators and routinely analyzes proposed
legislation for its impact on members and the profession.
- Convention: Featuring numerous
programs on clinical and professional topics, Convention provides
nurses from across the state the opportunity to meet, share ideas
and earn CEUs. Members attend at greatly discounted rates. Contact Meeting and Convention Planning for Convention dates and location.
Service Organization (NSO): Since 1990, NYSNA has endorsed
the NSO Professional Liability Insurance Program and highly recommends
that nurses acquire their own malpractice coverage. Professional liability
insurance is critical for nurses as it protects one's financial security,
career and license.
- Nursing Library: Located in NYSNA’s Latham headquarters,
the library maintains specialized collections on nursing issues and
health-related reference materials. It is the only state nurses association
library of its scope in the country. Special services provided to
- Political Action Committee: Educates members about the political
process, and works to elect candidates who support NYSNA’s concerns.
- Professional Consultation and Assistance: Available to members
on numerous subjects, including consultation on practice issues, and
assistance in dealing with unethical practice allegations.
- Publications: Members receive New York Nurse, and The Journal
of the New York State Nurses Association
publications that keep you informed on vital healthcare
In addition to the benefits of professional membership, NYSNA members
may take advantage of special offers and discounts on an amazing selection
of products and services.
- Convenience, Service and Security — apply today for the BankAmericard Cash Rewards™ Visa Signature®card. In addition to the card, members of NYSNA could qualify for other benefits from Bank of America.
- Heating Oil and Service savings program
- Discounted Phone Calling Card Services; many plans available
- Outlet Shopping with VIP discount coupons
- Hotel and Theme Park Special Offers
- Travel, Tour and Cruise Discounts
- Supplemental Insurances priced at group rate
- Discounted personalized RN business
cards for Members
and much more!
Contact NYSNA's Membership Department at 800.724.NYRN or 518.782.9400,
ext. 285 or by e-mail.