Our Mission and Vision
Our Mission and Vision | Our History | Our Services for Nurses
Support and enhance the practice of the registered professional nurse and improve the public’s health by providing leadership in changing the healthcare environment.
Nursing is evolving, innovative, accessible and reflects society's diversity. Registered professional nurses are recognized as essential providers of healthcare services and the primary advocate for the public. Nurses understand the value of collective power and actively engage in organizations that promote nursing — practice and community involvement.
NYSNA’S STRATEGIC PLAN FALL 2010 – FALL 2013
Objective I: Be the Public Voice for all Nurses in NYS
- Increase visibility among members
- Increase visibility among non-member RNs
- Increase visibility among nursing students
- Increase visibility among the general public
- Represent the profession of nursing at the local, state and national levels
- Utilize social media avenues to increase communication capacity
- Increase visibility among the broader HC provider community.
Objective II: Educate, Engage and Mobilize Members and Develop Leaders
- Increase the number of members who attend Leadership Academy (LA)
- Increase the number of new leader members involved in Association activities
- Identify opportunities for members to participate in activities at the national level
- Increase the number of members who participate in NSYNA educational programs/seminars
- Identify opportunities for NYSNA to educate RNs and other healthcare professionals at the state/national levels
- Identify opportunities to engage members in work outside of NYSNA at local, state and national levels
Objective III: Grow the Organization
- Strengthen and grow the District nursing associations
- Enhance an ongoing relationship with Schools of Nursing (SON)
- Identify opportunities to organize new members through collective bargaining
- Identify innovative ways to expose non-member RNs the value of membership with NYSNA
- Explore opportunities to expand non-dues revenue
Objective IV: Engage in Effective Political Action
- Mobilize members around individual legislative issues
- Increase the number of members involved in political advocacy
- Be a leader in legislative issues that impact the nursing profession
- Ensure funding for nursing education and health care remains viable in the NYS Budget
The full version of the 2010-2013 Strategic Plan is now available on Members Only website (login required).