American Assembly for Men in Nursing
Association of Critical-Care (AACN)
Nurses Association - Nursing World (ANA)
of Operating Room Nurses (AORN)
Nurses Association (ENA)
of the New York State Nurses Association
Council of Nurses (ICN)
Term Care Community Coalition (LTCCC) - Information and analysis on the
long-term care of the elderly and institutionalized
Student Nurses Association (NSNA)
York State Association of School Nurses
York State Department of Education
York State Education Department Office of the Professions - license status and disciplinary information, as well as license applications.
York State Department of Health
York State Office for the Aging
Service Organization (NSO) - NYSNA-endorsed insurance provider dedicated to serving the Professional Liability Insurance needs of Nurses and Nurse Practitioners, as well as Home Health Care and Staffing Agencies, with more than 650,000 nursing professionals insured.
Students' Association of New York State (NSANYS)
District 2 - Genesee Valley Nurses Association
District 3 - Steuben, Schuyler, Chemung, and Tompkins Counties
District 19 - Suffolk County
Nurses Associations (SNAs)
American Nurses - AFL-CIO Affiliated National Organization
:: Top of
- Jobs from the Sunday editions of The New York Times, Washington
Post, Chicago Tribune, Los Angeles Times, Boston Globe, as well as
some smaller newspapers.
- From Monster.com, a nationwide listing of healthcare
- A broad healthcare web site, with individual hospitals (national
and international) listing available positions.
Nurse.org - This site provides a national listing of available positions for advanced
practice registered nurses and administrative positions.
- The US Department of Commerce maintains this nationwide
listing of federal jobs.
of Community Health Nursing Educators
Founded in 1978 by educators
in graduate programs in nursing. Their purpose is to shape policy
by setting agendas for excellence in community and public health through
- A clinical resource site
for nursing students and clinicians.
- A collaborative effort of the Taubman Medical Library,
the School of Nursing at The University of Michigan, and the HealthWeb
Into Health Careers
- A kid-friendly website, with script writing,
kids pictures, a basic outline designed to speak to the pre-teen/teenager
who may be interested in the nursing profession. Great for counselors
to use when going to schools, and/or for conferences of counselors.
- is a national training
company and publisher in, the field of legal nurse consulting training.
- a site for advanced practice nurses,
specifically designed to meet the needs
of nurse practitioners, clinical nurse specialists,
nurse midwives, and nurse anesthetists.
York State Community Health Partnership
- Formed in 1998, this coalition brings together leaders of key public and private statewide groups to coalesce and support efforts to invest in local community health activities throughout New York State.
- Nurses House is a national charitable foundation dedicated
to helping nurses in need in all 50 states.
- This web site is an online community for Nurse Professionals.
:: Top of
- Education and Research
- Labor Related Sites
- UnionMembersWeb.com - A comprehensive resource for labor-friendly products, professional services, and union member discounts with union news, union benefits, and nationwide union boycotts and strikes.
- American Federation of Labor and Congress of Industrial Organizations
(AFL-CIO) is a voluntary federation of 60 national and international
- New York
American Nurses (UAN) - The largest and most effective labor
union for registered nurses in the country.
- Union Product Guides
Local, state, and federal elected officials. Register
to vote. Discover who is running for election in your area, and
Other Helpful Links
York State Patient Safety Advocates - Make
safe, informed decisions about where to receive healthcare services,
and how you can urge action to improve the standards for patient
care in hospitals and nursing homes.
Vote-Smart Includes biographies, issue positions, voting
records, and campaign finances on candidates and elected officials.
York City Public Advocate Information about New York
City services and a list of local elected officials.
:: Top of
New! National Alcohol and Drug Addiction Recovery Month:
:: Top of