NEW YORK NURSE: March/April 2012
At its March 21, 2012 meeting the NYSNA Board of Directors:
- ratified referenda approving: Board Committee on Appointments recommendations to fill vacancies; endorsements in NYS Assembly and Senate March special elections
- adopted a nominations and election policy and procedures
- selected Election Services Solutions (ESS) to conduct the 2012 NYSNA association-wide election
- approved the budget for April 1, 2012 through March 31, 2013
- approved bidding, with contingencies, on NYC property for NYSNA office and conference space
- amended the NYSNA investment policy to include investing in emerging markets
- approved transfer of $2 million from operations into the board-designated building fund before March 31, 2012
- directed that the association research available grants that could be used to facilitate funding BSN pathways for NYSNA members
- approved proposed policy on attendance at local fundraisers and endorsements for local offices
- made appointments to fill vacancies on the Council of Retired Nurses, Foundation Nursing Research Planning Committee, and the Journal Editorial Review Board
- determined, pending written confirmation from National Student Nurses Association, to formally object to the NSNA exclusion of NYSNA’s role in relationship to that organization and the students and schools impacted; and determined to investigate and initiate an alternative structure to incorporate student nurses’ involvement with NYSNA.
Update as of publication: Contact was made and NSNA indicated no change in the relationship has occurred; the association will continue to work to actively engage the students and remain vigilant regarding any attempt to change this relationship.