Nurses Lobbying for Safe Staffing to Improve Patient Outcomes
There’s a staffing crisis in New York. And the federal government and Wall Street are out to weaken nursing practice and undercut patient care. Join nurses from across New York to raise the alarm in Albany at NYSNA’s 2018 Lobby Day.
- Tell lawmakers to support the Safe Staffing for Quality Care Act (S.3330/A.1532)
- Stand up to defend and strengthen our Nursing Practice and Scope of Practice
- Protect New York Healthcare from budget cuts
- Speak up for NY Health, a law to guarantee healthcare for all New Yorkers
PLEASE NOTE: REGISTRATION ENDS AT 12:00 PM, FRIDAY, APRIL 20.
Attachments are .pdf; download Adobe Reader HERE.
- 2018 Lobby Day Continuing Education Purpose Statements/Objectives (.pdf)
- 2018 Lobby Day Itinerary (.pdf)
- 2018 Lobby Day Education and Informational Packet - Safe Staffing, RN Scope, Healthcare Budget & NY Health (.pdf)
- 2018 Lobby Day Continuing Education Take Home Module - Part 1 (.pdf)
- 2018 Lobby Day Continuing Education Take Home Module - Part 2 (.pdf)
Lunch, and a boxed dinner will be provided. For any special needs (including dietary restrictions), questions, or accommodation information, please contact NYSNA Meeting and Convention Planning at 518-782-9400, ext. 277.
Up to 10.0 Continuing Education contact hours will be available. In order to receive contact hours for this program, participants must attend the entire session and complete an evaluation. This workshop is awarded up to 9.0 contact hours through the New York State Nurses Association Accredited Provider Unit.
The New York State Nurses Association (NYSNA) is accredited by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) and is authorized to issue the IACET CEU.
NYSNA wishes to disclose that no commercial support or sponsorship was received. NYSNA Program Planners and Presenters declare that they have no conflict of interest. Declaration of Vested Interests: None.