In this Coronavirus Crisis, Demand Albany Protect
Communities and Nurses!
UPDATE: March 13: We're bring our message of nurse and patient advocacy to Albany in a Virtual Lobby Day on April 21! RSVP to let us know if you have an hour or two to meet with legislators on a video conference call, or join our social media team to amplify our message. Remind lawmakers that nurses are working on the frontlines during this healthcare crisis... details to come!
Unsafe staffing, hospital closures, and unequal access to healthcare compromise patient care in our current healthcare system. With the COVID-19 epidemic, the threats to patient and nurse safety could not be clearer. Join nurses from across New York on April 21 to sound the alarm and demand that Albany:
- Protect healthcare workers from COVID-19 exposure
- Keep hospitals open for care and maintain services our communities need
- Tell lawmakers to support the Safe Staffing for Quality Care Act (S.0330/A.01532)
- Ensure healthcare profiteers and the wealthy pay their fair share to fund the healthcare we all depend on
- Speak up for the NY Health Act, a law to guarantee healthcare for all New Yorkers