The City of New York is providing free government-issued photo identification cards, the IDNYC, for all NYC residents 14 years of age and older.
IDNYC is good for patient care!
Our patients at NYC Health + Hospitals can use their IDNYC card to streamline patient registration and ease access to medical records. The IDNYC card will also serve as a membership card for ActionHealthNYC participants receiving health care services at designated NYC Health + Hospitals locations. Last August, nurses at Lincoln Hospital stood with NYC H+H President Dr. Ram Raju, Council Member Carmen Arroyo and New York City's Mayor's Office of Immigrant Affairs Commissioner Nisha Agarwal, among other elected and community leaders to praise the new IDNYC program.
IDNYC is good for everyone!
Benefits of having an IDNYC card include:
- Discounts on tickets to movies, theater, NYC attractions, sports events, Six Flags Great Adventure, Luna Park in Coney Island, and more.
- Free one year memberships at 40 cultural institutions - including museums, botanic gardens, and zoos.
- Discounted membership to a YMCA!
- Get a 15% discount on a CitiBike annual membership!
- IDNYC is a prescription drug discount card, a library card, and is accepted as proof of identity and residency by the New York Police Department.
- IDNYC is accepted as a primary form of identification at several banks and credit unions across the city.
A full list of IDNYC benefits is available here.
How to Apply:
- All you need to apply for IDNYC is your valid New York State Driver’s License with your current New York City address. If the address on your license isn’t current, you’ll need another document proving your residency.
- For questions about eligibility and other accepted documents, please consult the IDNYC Document Calculator
- It takes about 10 minutes to enroll!
- Same day appointments available at most enrollment centers. Apply today!
For a full list of IDNYC’s enrollment center locations, please click on the How to Apply tab at www.nyc.gov/idnyc. While you’re there, use our interactive map to find IDNYC enrollment centers and cultural partners.