“NURSES LEADING FROM THE FRONTLINES”
"ADVOCATING FOR OUR PATIENTS AND OUR PROFESSION"
In the last year, NYSNA nurses and healthcare professionals have shown our leadership and power when we work together as one union. Our groundbreaking contract victories are evidence that when we unite and fight, we win for our patients and our profession. New York is setting a new standard for safe staffing and healthcare worker wages and benefits, inspiring healthcare workers around the country. Now is the time to come together to build on these victories and amplify our new national voice to cement our role as healthcare leaders– from the frontlines.
Join us for two days of education, solidarity, advocacy, and fun that will set the direction and priorities for our union.
- Printable Register Form and Informational Flyer
- Complete Course Listing and Continuing Education Information
- Guidelines for Drafting Resolutions
The Sheraton New York Times Square (811 7th Ave, New York, NY 10019) is accessible by Subway Lines B/D/E to 7th Ave station, Subway Line 1 to 50th St station, Subway Lines N/Q/W/R to 57th St/7th Ave station and by buses on 6th/7th/8th Avenues or to 11th Ave & 34th St. Metro North trains connect with Shuttle Subway to 42nd St to Subway 1; LIRR trains connect with subways E/1.
If you live or work in NYC and surrounding areas. NYSNA may provide buses (based on a minimum need) on the mornings of October 23 and 24 from facilities in these areas, as well as return buses at the conclusion of the convention each day. More buses may be added based on need. Convention delegates who live or work in areas where NYSNA does not provide transportation (based on not meeting the minimum required attendance), wIll be reimbursed for the least expensive means of transportation available.
If you live or work outside of the NYC, Westchester and Long Island areas, please refer to the Delegate Travel Guidelines or the Travel Guidelines for Members Not Serving as Convention Delegates and contact a member of the Meeting and Convention Planning Department if you have any questions.
NYSNA has a block of rooms at a negotiated rate for the Convention. If overnight accommodations are needed, you must reserve a room at this hotel by calling the Sheraton New York Times Square Central Reservation at 888-627-7067 and be sure to reference "NYSNA Conference" to receive the discounted rate. Reservations can be made on-line: book.passkey.com/e/50581419
Reservations are accommodated on a first come. first-served basis. The NYSNA negotiated rates will be honored through September 30, 2023, provided there is availability. NOTE: Convention delegates will be reimbursed for half the cost of a shared double room. If a Convention delegate requests a single room, they will be reimbursed for half the cost of the rate of a double room.
FOR MORE INFO OR SPECIAL NEEDS: Please contact the NYSNA Meeting and Convention Planning (MCP) office at 518-782-9400, ext. 277, or email MCP@nysna.org.
Classes and plenaries taught by nursing and labor experts, include:
- Protesting Your Assignment: A Primer on Documenting the Issue
- Enhance Your Physical Assessment Skills
- Patients Over Profits: RNs on the Frontline of the Care Crisis
- What Nurses Need to Know about Leveraging the NYS Staffing Law and Contract Bargaining in Order to Advocate for Exemplary Staffing Plans’ Creation and Enforcement 2023
- Awareness of and Healing from Compassion Fatigue and Burnout
- Five Ways to Prevent Violence in the Healthcare Workplace
- Clinical Pharmacology Review
- Social Justice Unionism as the Means for Nurses to Fight for Healthcare Justice and Better Patient Outcomes
- Nurses Organize to Have One Strong Unified Voice to Address Patient Care
- Showcasing The Historic Contract Campaigns in the Public and Private Sector as a Model for Advancing Health Outcomes for Patients and Working Conditions for Nurses
- Safe Nurse Staffing Data: Enforcing Standards Statewide
- Mental Health (In)Justice: The Struggle for an Inclusive and Just Healthcare System for Nurses and Patients
- Solidarity Can Save Us: Nurses Defending Democracy, Public Health, and Well-Being
- Nurses Building Political Power – How and Why We Build Coalitions
- Relaxation and Self-Healing: Holistic Nursing as a Way of Life
Download the Course Listing Flyer.
GUIDELINES FOR DRAFTING RESOLUTIONS
NYSNA Convention delegates from across the state will come together Oct. 23-24, 2023, at NYSNA’s annual business meeting to examine and meet the challenges facing our profession, our union and our communities. Convention delegates will discuss and debate strategies to build our union’s power and chart our course forward by presenting resolutions during voting body sessions.
Our union’s strength depends upon members being engaged in driving our priorities and strategies. These Guidelines for Drafting Resolutions are intended to help Convention delegates be successful in the important role they have in leading the way to carry out our mission and vision.