The COVID-19 pandemic has taken a great toll on healthcare workers, in particular nurses and other healthcare professionals working in hospitals. They are experiencing higher levels of stress, anxiety and even PTSD.
NYSNA is working with the Union Assistance Program (UAP) to offer member to member peer support groups. Sessions will be facilitated by professional clinicians with the goals of:
- Providing a safe space to share stories and struggles with peers in similar settings
- Providing comfort and a place to be validated for experiencing stress and anxiety
- Assisting in processing the trauma caused by the pandemic
- Building comradery and a community support system
- Offering strategies to handle stress and manage your mental well-being
NYSNA Members are invited to participate in regional sessions on the following dates:
- Long Island/Hudson Valley Members: Session 2, Mar. 4, 8:00 - 9:00 PM | Register Here
- NYC H+H Members: Session 2, Mar. 11, 8:00 - 9:00 PM | Register Here
- NYC/NJ/Staten Island Members: Session 2, Mar. 18, 8:00 - 9:00 PM | Register Here
- Upstate/Western NY Members: Feb. 25, 8:00 - 9:00 PM | Register Here
Sessions are limited to 20 members. Registrations will be taken on a first-come, first-served basis. Additional sessions will be added to this page as registration is updated.
Register for a session online, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and include your name, facility, and the session you would like to register for, or call the NYSNA Meeting and Convention Planning department at 518-782-9400, ext 277.
Find more information on your Union Assistance Program here.
Join your NYSNA colleagues, and begin healing together.