We want you to share YOUR COVID-19 story to demand PPE!
NYSNA nurses are on the frontlines of this COVID-19 pandemic, but the US Government isn’t doing their part to back us up! All levels of the Government, from President Trump to Governor Cuomo, and the Hospital Executives need to get us what we need now: more PPE, more COVID-19 tests, and more nurses!
Let’s get the word out now. We need your help! Download this Informational Flier (.pdf)
Here are some ideas to get you started:
Speak from the heart and tell your personal story
- Introduce yourself
- Describe the PPE shortages, and other problems at your hospital
- Talk about the incredible work RNs are doing in these difficult conditions
- Call out our political leaders for dragging their feet
- Highlight how President Trump can fix this problem — unleash the Defense Production Act
- President Trump and the Feds must force manufacturers to mass production critical supplies
- President Trump should also come to the frontlines and walk a day in our shoes!
Take a selfie video
Explain what conditions are like on the frontlines. Try and shoot your video at work, maybe when you’re starting or ending your shift. We want to show everyone what PPE you’re working with, but remember, no patients in the background and no violating HIPAA! And shorter videos work better (stick to 30 seconds or less).
Then share it!
Share on social media, and tag @nynurses so we can boost your post. Use the hashtag #GetMePPE.
If you’re not active on social media, you can share your video or photos with us by uploading to https://bit.ly/nycovideos. Together, we can break through the political logjam and get more PPE!
And to keep yourself informed on the latest developments, text COVID to 877-877 to get NYSNA COVID text alerts.