Numerous businesses and services have been offering discounts (or donations) to healthcare workers throughout the COVID-19 Pandemic. Discover more about some of these offers below:
A great benefit for NYSNA Members: The Union Assistance Program. The UAP offers 24/7 counselor assistance at 1-800-252-4555. When an employee or family member (18 or older) faces a significant personal problem, they can call for assistance — 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. UAP lines are staffed by experienced counselors with a master's or Ph.D. degree. The Union Assistance Program is a confidential program, independent from NYSNA, that is available to NYSNA members and their families as a benefit of membership. Your personal use and experiences with this program are not shared with NYSNA.
- New!: UAP Member to Member Peer Support Sessions return! Once again, the UAP will be offering Peer to Peer Support Sessions to NYSNA members. Professional clinicians will facilitate these sessions with the goals of:
- Providing a safe space to share stories and struggles with peers in similar settings.
- Providing comfort and a place to be validated for experiencing stress and anxiety.
- Assisting in processing the trauma caused by the pandemic.
- Building comradery and a community support system.
- Offering strategies to handle stress and manage your mental well-being.
RSVP for sessions on March 3, April 5 and May 4 at 7:00 PM. Download and share the informational flier!
New York State Office of Mental Health Emotional Support Line: 1-844-863-9314 - Free and confidential support, helping callers experiencing increased anxiety due to the coronavirus emergency. The Help Line is staffed by volunteers, including mental health professionals, who have received training in crisis counseling
- Donate your unused Metrocard to an Essential Worker - Many of us have Metrocards with balances on them, but may not be using them for a while. Let’s give them to people who can… find out how to here.
Additional Special Offers
Take in a Baseball Game! The New York Yankees are pleased to offer NYSNA members and their families discounted tickets to as part of the Yankees’ Healthcare Workers Week appreciation program. Join your fellow healthcare professionals at select games in May at Yankee Stadium. The first 1,000 fans who purchase through this offer will receive a special New York Yankees scrub top! Each special event ticket also includes a regular-sized hot dog and your first drink. Reserve your tickets here.
Crocs: Offering 15% off to healthcare workers.