Numerous businesses and services are offering discounts (or donations) to healthcare workers during the COVID-19 Pandemic. Discover more about these offers below:
- NEW SESSIONS! Statewide Peer Assistance for Nurses (SPAN) “Wellness Wednesdays” - Informational Flier (.pdf)
- June 24, 1:00 PM - “Cost of Caring: Understanding the Warning Signs for Burnout, Secondary Trauma and Vicarious Trauma”
- July 1, 1:00 PM - “Thrive in the face of Burnout and Trauma”
- NEW! José Alfaro, LCSW Group
We are experienced psychotherapists from the New York City area who want to support nurses by offering pro bono sessions addressing the stress that being on the front lines can bring. All sessions are confidential and will be conducted via telehealth. This is a joint effort of NYSNA and José Alfaro, LCSW, an experienced individual, couple and family psychotherapist with training in various modalities to address anxiety and trauma. José has previously collaborated with NYSNA on health brigades to Puerto Rico. For further information please contact José via email at email@example.com or text 646-479-2187 (no calls please). And thank you for all you do.
- UPDATED: Offer Extended to July 28! — WaQi Special Offer for NYSNA Members - In thanks for the heroic work you are doing, Master Yang Yang, PhD, a leading practitioner and researcher of qigong and t'ai chi, is offering a free three-month subscription to WaQi, a unique program that may to help lower stress, improve quality of sleep, boost resilience and enhance immune function. An evidenced-based program that combines the ancient healing arts of qigong and t'ai chi movement and meditation, WaQi could enhance your self-care, much like the extraordinary care you are providing to your patients. If you would like to register for this healing program, please click HERE and use code: thankyou.
- A great benefit for NYSNA Members: Union Assistance Program - A valuable benefit available to you and your immediate family members.
- NEW! Union Assistance Program Newsletter: June 2020. This issues offers updates on Telehealth Counseling, Dealing with Loss, Helping the Helpers and much more!
- April 2020 Newsletter
- Headspace, the mindfulness and guided meditation app, is offering free membership to healthcare professionals through 2020; sign up HERE.
- New York State Office of Mental Health Emotional Support Line: 1-844-863-9314 - Free and confidential support, helping callers experiencing increased anxiety due to the coronavirus emergency. The Help Line is staffed by volunteers, including mental health professionals, who have received training in crisis counseling
The Professional Staff Congress (PSC CUNY) represents 30,000 faculty and staff at the City University of New York (CUNY) and the CUNY Research Foundation. It is dedicated to advancing the professional lives of its members, enhancing their terms and conditions of employment, and maintaining the strength of the nation's largest, oldest and most visible urban public university.
The PSC is teaming up with the NYSNA to create the Homework Hotline — an initiative to provide academic support for the children of NYSNA members. Hundreds of PSC volunteers are available to NYSNA members and their school age children to schedule a tutoring session with by using Appointment Plus, their online scheduling website. Students and parents will receive an automated confirmation message followed by an e-mail from the tutor to let them know which platform to log into for the session. We encourage NYSNA members and their school age children to utilize this exciting new educational tool.
Childcare Options for Healthcare Workers During COVID-19 (Updated 04/14/2020)
NYSNA knows that childcare needs for many nurses have increased amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We have compiled this resource of childcare options for healthcare and other essential workers across the state, organized by region. Northwell members can find additional resources on the last page.
New York City
- NYSNA would like to share the following information regarding the healthy healthcare workers (non-isolation) free hotel program and booking process. This program is run by the City of New York.
The City of New York has made hotel rooms available to workers and volunteers as part of the response to the spread of COVID-19. These hotel rooms may be reserved for people who should be in an isolated setting for reasons relating to the COVID-19 outbreak, but do not have access to one.
- Eligible Hotel Guests
Workers and Volunteers employed or volunteering to actively care for and/or provide services (clinical or nonclinical) in a healthcare, community-based or home-based setting within New York City where you are at risk of being exposed to or contracting COVID-19, and may not be able to temporarily live at home in order to minimize exposure. This can include (but is not limited to): physicians, nurses, home health aides, social workers, maintenance staff, food service, etc.
- Members still in need of accommodations near their facility can book as follows:
City of New York Hotel Booking Process for Workers and Volunteers:
- Visit nyc.gov/covid19hotel
- Follow the link at the bottom of the page to “Make your hotel reservation”
- Fill out requested information on the online form
- Receive confirmation email with reservation and hotel details
- Your agency affiliation will be the facility where you are working
- If your organization assigns employees or volunteers an ID# please put your ID# in box, if not put “None”
- It is important to list your phone number and email address where you can be reached in order to receive confirmation of your reservation and to answer additional questions if necessary
- Problems? If patients, workers, or volunteers need help resolving a booking and/or check-in issue, they can contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- NYSNA has partnered with Airbnb to provide a limited number of free housing accommodations for NYSNA members working is specified areas: Long Island, Staten Island and the Bronx. Please complete this form.
- Visit nyc.gov/covid19hotel
- Donate your unused Metrocard to an Essential Worker - Many of us have Metrocards with balances on them, but we won't be able to use our cards for a while. Let's give them to people who can… find out how to HERE.
Additional Special Offers
- WPVI 6 ABC, Philadelphia: Freebies for healthcare workers and first responders
- Crocs: Offering free Crocs to doctors, nurses and healthcare staff. Request a free pair online while supplies last.
- Cumberland Farms: Police officers, firefighters, active military, paramedics, doctors, nurses, hospital and medical staff and medical researchers can enjoy a free coffee on us every time you visit Cumberland Farms.