Following is information about upcoming
trainings. Please check back frequently, as we
are always planning new offerings.
COVID ACTION TEAM TRAININGS
Last spring, during the peak of the pandemic, more than 400 NYSNA members from around the state participated in workshops to share strategies for collectively addressing the critical issues facing frontline nurses: lack of proper PPE and other Health and Safety protections, inadequate testing of staff and patients, inadequate staffing, and fair treatment.
With the resurgence bearing down on us, it’s more important than ever for members to be organized, informed and to take action. Sign up today for a COVID Action Team Trainings.
COVID Action Team: Getting Started
Learn how NYSNA members are using COVID Action Teams to get resources and information to nurses on their unit and organize with staff and leaders around Health and Safety and other critical COVID-19 issues. Check back often for upcoming workshops.
COVID Action Team: Advanced
Open to members who have completed COVID Action Team: Getting Started. Topics covered include:
- Getting members involved through one-on-one organizing conversations incl inoculating against boss tactics
- Identifying organizing issues that we can win while building the union
- Making a plan using escalating tactics
- Starting unit or hospital-wide communication networks, including managing contact info
- Building community support
- Preparing for meetings with management
- Using social media as an organizing tool
- Getting your message across: learning how to make effective flyers or social media posts
Here are upcoming Advanced training workshops; register today!
- Wednesday, March 10 | 7:30 PM - "Identifying Organizing Issues" - Register Here
- Wednesday, March 24 | 7:30PM - "Preparing for Meetings with Management" - Register Here
Member Leader Training (MLT) has long been a source of educational empowerment for nurses who want to create positive change in their workplace.
Because in-person MLT is no longer possible, the NYSNA Labor Education department and the NYSNA Membership Engagement and Leadership Development (MELD) committee have teamed up to provide this comprehensive live training online.
In addition to the trainings below, which are open to all members of the union, we are currently able to provide tailored training, specific to your facility’s needs and availability. Accreditation pending; 3 Contact Hours (CEs) for each part.
Please register for an upcoming training:
- Part I - “Introduction to Organizing, Advocacy and Leadership,” Thursday, March 4 | 9:30 AM - 1:00 PM - Register Here
- Part II - “Grievances and Leadership,” Tuesday, March 9 | 9:30 AM - 1:00 PM - Register Here
- Part III - “Organizing,” Thursday, March 18 | 9:30 AM - 1:00 PM - Register Here
- Part IV - “Involving Members in Effective Committees and In the Union,” Tuesday, March 23 | 9:30 AM - 1:00 PM - Register Here
If you are interested in setting up an educational session in your hospital, please contact NYSNA Labor Education at email@example.com.
Learn to handle common audio problems and how to be a participant (raise your hand, mute, use participant list, and chat. Check back for upcoming training sessions.
- Zoom Class Instructions (.pdf)
Please contact the NYSNA Labor Education department for information about future trainings: firstname.lastname@example.org.